Bit of background of myself.
Born in the Solomon Islands. Lived in a little village on Rennell Island until I was about 5, then in the capital Honiara until the age of 10.
We moved back to the Netherlands where I spent my high school years. I speak Dutch, though I do have to search for words after being out of the country for so long.
At the earliest convenience (17) I packed the bags and moved to Melbourne, Australia where I have been living ever since.
In 2002 I set up a travel website called Travellerspoint which has been my occupation ever since.
Travels (apart from the moves described) include trips to North America, across Europe, Russia, Japan, SEA, Scandinavia and of course various trips around Australia.
Now I have two young children, our travels are more limited. We've been on a couple of trips to the US with them. Rather than move around a lot, our focus was more on staying in one spot for a few weeks and just enjoying that location.
Top Network Posts
- 62How to spot fake reviews on TripAdvisor?
- 11CSS3 height: calc(100%) not working
- 10How much would it cost to take a train from Krakow to Prague, Prague to Munich, Munich to Hamburg, and Hamburg to Warsaw?
- 10Is wild camping possible in Germany? Where?
- 10Are there any man-only places in the world?
- 8How is the climate, the amount of tourists and events distributed through the year in Saint Petersburg, Russia?
- 7How can I do a "broad" search for flights?
- View more network posts →