One of my hobby projects is developing PopTrayU (http://poptrayu.sourceforge.net), an open source email notifier written in Delphi. I had been using the original PopTray for about 10 years, and decided to learn enough Delphi to fix a couple pet bugs, since no one else seemed to have the knowledge, time, and inclination to do it themselves, and there hadn't been a new version released in over 7 years. Once I'd fixed that one bug, there was one more little thing I thought I could improve, and wouldn't it be fun if I could make this aspect of the application a little more customizable? And then there's that other bug...well, someday I'll get them all fixed, maybe :)
Top Network Posts
- 116Why are static variables considered evil?
- 48Why "Greater Toronto" rather than "Great Toronto"
- 20What is the purpose of a holiday shutdown?
- 19Presenting open source development during a resume-gap?
- 18Purpose of the "Build Automatically" option in eclipse
- 17What is the DataModule (dm) in Delphi?
- View more network posts →