So there's a couple of metas about this, and it's been discussed at length in the chat room, and the mods' chat room.
What it comes down to:
- Stackexchange has rules about being nice. We've been very lenient with these rules. We will no longer be.
- Insults / personal attacks will result in suspensions. Further infringements could result in bans. We will be being tough on this - don't risk it!
- Politics is part of travel. Everyone has a different view. Be tolerant of other views.
- insults don't have to be against a person - if you are targeting a race, ethnic group, place or otherwise
- If you can buy a flight there, the place exists, for the purposes of Stackexchange. If people want to travel there, telling them it doesn't exist helps nobody.
- Do NOT argue politics or off-topic stuff in comments. If it goes back and forth more than twice, it's best to take it to the chat room.
- Join the chat room! We have heated debates, fun chats, random discussions. And nothing's off topic there - although the be nice rule still applies.
Thanks all, now let's talk travel!